Okay I’m pretty excited about all of these, I looked at multiple recipes for each and made my own from those and my strange brain. I use different flours and sugars here, but you can replace them with your own favourites or other alternatives!
Peppermint Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1/4c virgin coconut oil
- 1/4c almond butter
- 1/3c light brown sugar
- 1/3c coconut sugar
- 1c rolled oat, finely chopped to be like flour
- 1/3c flour
- 1/2tsp each, baking powder and baking soda
- dash of sea salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (fair trade) cocoa powder
- 4-5tbsp hazelnut milk
- 1/3c vegan chocolate chips/chopped up chocolate bar
- 1/4-1/3c dandies peppermint vegan marshmallows, chopped
- hazelnuts, finely chopped
- candy canes, smashed or finely chopped
Mix flaxseed and water first, let it sit a few minutes.
Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix 🙂 Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips last so you can decide how much to add.
Place dough in 1.5 inch wide circles, on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
Add chopped hazelnuts and candy cane bits as desired
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350
Blueberry Crumble Pie Thumbprint cookies
- 1c almond meal
- 3/4 c rolled oats, processed (I use a food processor)
- 1/4-1/2c flour
- 1/4tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1-2tbsp brown sugar (optional, makes it sweeter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- 1c frozen or fresh blueberries, mashed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- rolled oats
- brown sugar on top of the oats and/or blueberry topping
Cook blueberry filling with sugar and zest on stove on low heat, while mashing the blueberries slightly. After it sizzles and thickens some, remove from the heat. You can refrigerate this or just set it aside.
Mix flours together, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix/fold the batter until it’s combined.
Place into 1 inch balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet, sprinkle a few oats in the middle and then indent with your thumb.
Add blueberry filling and sprinkle brown sugar and tada 🙂
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies
Gingerbread Nut Cookies
- 1tbsp flax meal, mixed with 2tbsp water
- 6tbsp vegan butter, softened
- 1/2c unsulphured molasses
- 1/2c coconut sugar
- 1tsp each: ground ginger, cinnamon
- 1/2tsp each: ground cloves, nutmeg
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 2c flour
Mix the flaxseed and water (or use a mashed banana or applesauce) and let sit for a few minutes. Then add all ingredients except for flour and mix. Add the flour at the end incrementally.
Stop here if you’re making shaped cookies and roll out the dough.
If you’re like me and could not find any cookie cutters in your house, we’re gonna make these dip cookies 🙂
Dip for cookies:
- Almond meal
- chopped hazelnuts
- coconut sugar
- ground ginger, cloves
- confectioner’s sugar to sprinkle at the end!
Make small balls of dough and dip into the mix of nuts, sugar, and spices. You can dip half of it, all of it, whatever makes you happy! Then flatten it a little and bake! Make sure the cookies are far enough apart from one another.
Bake 6-9 minutes at 350, depending on thickness of dough.
Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar for a sweet touch, add more of the nut/sugar/spice dip on top if you like!