These two recipes were also blends of many and my own ideas 🙂
Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap crust
- 1&3/4 cups, smashed gingersnaps (gf if desired)
- 3/4 c almond meal
- 1c white, unbleached flour (gf if desired)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 heaping tbsp of flaxseed meal
- 1/4c water
- dash of cardamom and cinnamon
- 2&1/2 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- 3 tbsp raw agave
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Smash those gingersnaps
Mix dry ingredients together, except flaxseed meal. mix the ground flaxseed and water in a separate bowl and let sit for a few minutes. Then add this, vegan butter, and agave, and mix.
Line pie pan lightly with coconut oil and spread crust mix into pan!
Bake crust alone for 6-8 minutes.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, dash of all spice and ginger
- 1/4c light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch or quick mix flour
- small dash of salt
- dash of cardamom
- 1/2 c coconut cream, melted slightly if solid (the bit at the top of canned coconut milk)
Mix all ingredients, add more pumpkin pie spice and a dash of cardamom to taste and pour into the pie filling.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes or until the filling isn’t jiggly.
Pecan Pie in Vanilla Graham Crust
Vanilla Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers (I used vanilla)
- 5 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 1/4 c water
- 1/4c coconut sugar
- 3/4c saltines, crumbled and mixed with 1/2 c water and left to soak
- 3/4c light brown sugar
- 1/4c coconut sugar
- 1/4c white sugar (or use more coconut)
- 1/4c agave nectar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2&1/2 tbsp applesauce (I used natural & unsweetened)
- 2-2&1/4 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2&1/3 tbsp cornstarch or quick-mix flour
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1tbsp light brown sugar
- dash of salt, cardamom
Preheat oven to 325
Ground up that graham cracker.
Mix the crust ingredients together and pour into lightly coconut oiled pie pan.
Make filling by combining all of the ingredients, I usually add the cornstarch/flour last.
Toast/caramelize pecans in butter, brown sugar, and salt, cardamom. begin at medium-high heat until it starts to sizzle, then turn it to low-medium.
Mix in filling to pecan topping cooking. pour into the crust while hot.
I decorated with a few extra pecans, brown sugar, and a dash of cardamom on the pecans.
Bake for 50 minutes or until it gets browned and toasty.